Sunday 21 March 2010

Loo Rolls with a purpose!


Its Birthday Blog Bash time :)
Happy Birthday to Rebekah, thank you for letting be part of your blog hop :)


I got some new (and my very first) set of aqua promarkers this week and they were just lying around my desk whilst trying to figure out how to work them! lol
Strangely I had some empty loo rolls on my desk which were destined for another project but this one came to mind straight away
Loo Rolls with a purpose!
(couldnt think of a better title)

Materials Required

3 x loo/kitchen rolls
cardstock
patterned paper
embellishments
adhesives (I used double sided sticky tape, high tack tape and hot glue gun)

What to do

1) Flatten loo/kitchen rolls
2) Adhere double sided sticky tape to the rolls

3) Wrap your patterned paper around the rolls (I used some 6x6 papers I had) trim off excess edges if needed. Dont worry if the papers dont meet (like mine didnt) because they will be going on the inside so wont be seen

4) I used high tack tape for the strength down the edges (of the non meeting paper side lol) and stuck all the rolls together

5) I used my hot glue gun to add drops of glue to the bottom middle of the rolls so it adhered to the cardstock
6) Embellish as required and volia

This project worked out well because the blending pen you get with the set sits in the middle of the rolls and four promarkers fit in each roll (no need to decorate the inside as these wont be seen when full)

Another quick and easy project thats a pretty desk caddy and recycling products too :)

Edited to add * To make this even easier this is now available in pdf download

HERE

Hope you've enjoyed my blog hop tutorial, the next hop takes place at Toni's at the Totally Crazy Scrapper Blog :) Make sure you pop on over

Would you like to win a giveaway from me :)
Add your name to the comments with a link to here and Rebekahs blog hop before Monday at 8pm and I'll pick a winner for this lovely little lot
*photo coming shortly*

22 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant idea! You make it look so simple :) Thanks for taking part x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning!!! now that looks like fun, off to rumage in the recycle bin....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty recycling project and soooooooo useful - thanks.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is something different!
    tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this idea! So simple yet so effective. I'm thinking I may use it just to make a pen holder for my kitchen. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how creative is that!? Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazingly clever, creative AND green too - well pink actually, but you know what I mean! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative idea....really like that you can make them for your desk in any paper that fits your style...great tutorial.
    smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea now to collect loo rolls

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great recycle idea! Will have to try this. Thany you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great recycle idea! Will have to try this. Thany you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, these look brilliant, and its green too :O)! On my to do list now!! Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fab. I have been collecting loo rolls to make an ATC holder but this looks like something easy to make too - the only trouble is I have no where to put it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Am definately doing this one as I have 60 trillion pencils to organise!!! Thanks for a great tutorial :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am doing this one!! Thanks Dee!! ot no loo rolls though but have some awesome lightbulb boxes that would work

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute project and you've used some of my fave papers I see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this project- I need something to keep all my pens neat and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for a great tutorial Deanne...your so creative xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just found your blog..It is great. I love the idea about the loo rolls. Didn't know what that was until I saw the picture. My brain is in slow motion this morning. Thank you so much for sharing all your neat ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did this and it was so easy! Love the outcome too! You can check it out if you like:
    http://amadrian8.blogspot.com/2010/04/sunday.html

    Thanks for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they make me smile :)