Tuesday 11 February 2014

Chicken One Pot

When you have a few things left over in the fridge and you have cupboard ingredients, what happens is a gorgeous dish comes together
Its not rocket science and theres no cookery school or weighing out involved! Just use what you have
Chicken One Pot
Chicken breast
Leeks
Tomato Puree
Garlic
Chives
Chicken Bovril
Frozen Peas
Plain Flour (for if you need to thicken your sauce slightly

  • I simply cut my chicken into bite sized chunks and browned them off in a large frying pan
  • I add the leeks which I cut into chunky portions and let them fry together for a little while
  • Then I added the tomato puree, garlic (which is a fridge squeezy pack) and chives (which I froze from fresh so great for throwing into meals like this)
  • Stir them altogether and pour in some chicken bovril that you've mixed with boiling water (about 300ml)
  • Stir in some frozen peas (I used petit pois)
  • If you think your chicken one pot is too runny add a couple of table spoons of plain flour to thicken
  • Leave to simmer for 20 minutes

    Serve with boiled rice
I would have showed you a plate full with the rice but I ate it too quickly as I throughly enjoyed it
If your doing slimming world this classes as free meal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, they make me smile :)