Friday 2 May 2014

Introduction to my sewing machine! Near on disaster!

It could honestly only happen to me!
I booked myself on the course 'Introduction to your sewing machine' run by a lovely friend Lindsay from Evajeanie
I have a brother sewing machine which is second hand and couple of years old but is great, well it decided not to play, so it will be sent off for a much needed service, which I suppose I should have done that in the first place!
Then to top it off I have a vintage Jones sewing machine, I got this purely as an impulse as its blue! (and I HAD to have a blue vintage sewing machine!!!) well that was worse!

Luckily though, Lindsay had her sewing machine and we coped just fine
I learnt a few things about my brother that I didnt realise, like cleaning and threading it properly
I learnt placing fabrics together and that I can sew in a straight line!
The end result has been this lovely Zakka style pin cushion
I can see many more been made as I throughly enjoyed it

I really enjoyed my time and can see me booking myself on more of Lindsays courses

If your local to Kettering, Northamptonshire, keep an eye on the Evajeanie Facebook page here for more courses available

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, they make me smile :)