Tuesday 7 July 2015

Emmaus

Emmaus is a charity working together to end homelessness
My friends told me about this place so I couldnt wait to visit, I armed myself with lots of donations of books and home items and off we went
Once we'd  donated all of our goods we went off the lovely bistro to fuel ourselves with tea and toasted teacakes, then we hit the sale areas and I have to say I totally loved the place, how it was set out, how its helping people find their feet in the world again, fantastic.
The Boutique was quaint with lots of clothes, jewellery and shoes
The linen area was huge and I was in my element in here
Given half the chance I would have carried this baby out under my arm! but sadly it was not for sale!
The furniture is fantastic and such good prices
The bric a brack was fun too
There are lots of Emmaus Charities spread over the UK, find your local one here and help make a difference

Take some time if you can reading through the website as its a really interesting read on how it was originally founded in France and now its a worldwide charity - fantastic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, they make me smile :)