Sunday 13 November 2016

Mushroom & Spinach Wellington

Some time ago I reduced and then removed meat from my diet
I feel heathier for doing so but I'm always on the lookout for a good Sunday dinner alternative, especially as I'm still preparing and cooking meat for my family

After much searching and putting a few recipes together I came up with my Mushroom & Spinach Wellington

At home I cook for us so its all trial and error and not really measured out, more look with the eye and see!!
for this wellington I roughly used
ready made puff pastry
3 shallots (finely chopped)
chestnut mushrooms (roughly chopped)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 handfuls of fresh spinach
balsamic vinegar (2 tbsps.)
cherry tomatoes (roughly chop)
toasted pine nuts (sprinkle)

Heat up some olive oil in a pan, and fry off the shallots, mushrooms and garlic
Add the spinach and as it starts to wilt pour over the balsamic vinegar
Add the cherry tomatoes and pine nuts, mix together well and set aside
Roll out your ready made pastry and cut into four
Spoon enough of the mixture into the centre of each one, fold the pastry over each filling and pinch the pastry together so there are no gaps
Turn over and put on your prepared tray (greaseproof paper on a baking tray)
Make a cut on the top of the pastry and using an egg wash (egg and a little water mixed together) brush each pastry until covered
Bake in the oven for about 30 mins
Serve with new potatoes and fresh vegetables
You wont be disappointed
Next time I'll add different ingredients as there are so many variations that can be used for this

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, they make me smile :)