Wednesday 24 August 2011

Porch - Makeover

Our porch is tiny but a great place to chuck shoes and hang coats and keep the clutter out of the house.
I begged my Mum to give me this old cupboard as it was just hiding under her stairs as I knew it would fit and be perfect for a shoe cupboard, but this needed a little makeover too

*before*
I used some eggshell paint and some of the olive paint for the door inserts, added a couple of new door handles. Its not a perfect makeover but I didnt want to take away the fact that it is old

*after*
The porch itself needed a little makeover (as does every room in this house) but since we've moved in its just felt really cold to me, so I used a lovely warm 'Olive Green' colour and white around the window and door to allow some more light in.I bought this picture a couple of years ago and couldnt wait to finally use it, its one of my favourites purely for the quote 'Love who you are'
Hopefully the next room I show you will be my studio!!!

8 comments:

  1. That is a lovely piece of furniture and lucky you to persuade your mum to let you have it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great makeover, gorgeous colours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a transformation! Can't wait to see the studio!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That look fab hun! Who knew shoe storage could be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo that's gorgeous.
    Does your mum have another one "hanging around??"

    {Dab and a dash.}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have so many talents! This looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this 30s dresser and I think you've given it a fab make-over, the olive colour is perfect. Can't wait to see what you do with your studio. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they make me smile :)