After reading Country Heart and Home blog I followed a link to this blog Cherry Heart where shes wrote a year long project about having a crafty home
My issue with this is that my partner has a very modern view on decor, although I do manage to slide a few of my quirks and handmakes into the picture
I thougtht I'd still take up the challenge as it may help me focus more on the all the areas of our home that need so much work still.
I've copied the basics from the Cherry Heart blog and added my ideals to it
1. Tidy, tidy, tidy and clean, clean clean!i love to declutter as it is, but ive already planned a huge carboot in april (whilst the boys are at my parents) so i can deal with getting rid and getting holiday spending money at the same time. once this is done i'd just love to be able to keep on top of the house, its quite difficult with two boys in the house and various animals and of course us too
2. If it has to live here, it should be pretty.hmmm this one is difficult, i am the only female in the house! even the animals are boys! my studio is bright pink and i love it, i manage to add some feminine touches to the house and the more we decorate and change each room to our liking i'll certainly be adding some prettiness and handmade into them
3. If I don't like how it looks, and I can change it, I will.our budget is certainly not huge, we only have my partners wage at the moment. i love charity shopping and upcycling bits and bobs to keep or sell on my events stalls. i'm planning on lots of charity shopping for clothes for me as i'm currently losing weight and dont want to spend too much on them, i'd like to alter a few peices too
4. Thrift, re-use and recycling are my watch words.
we already know the amount of work we need to do as there are so many bodge jobs in our home! so lots of changes are happening here
5. Crafting is king!I love to create as it is, so adding bits to our home is a must
So on that note, I'll leave you with a pretty picture and get working on my pretty crafty home x you can join in here too x