Tuesday 24 September 2013

Chalkboard Stickers

I searched around for some chalkboard stickers on ebay but they were a bit too pricey for what I wanted them for so I thought I'd try to create my own

I started off by getting my supplies of stickers, chalkboard paint, paintbrush and a hole punch together
I put two coats of chalkboard paint on the stickers and waited for them to dry
To seal them I rubbed a stick of chalk over them and then rubbed it in
I used the hole punch to create the circle stickers I wanted
Then used the stickers for prices on the display in the shop

- kinda cute arent they and super easy and cheap to make too

Although on a funny note, they did initially get stuck in the hole punch whilst my friend Lorna from Dab and a Dash was there and we did laugh alot trying to rip the punch apart! I'm thinking they hadnt fully dried out as I left them overnight before I tried again and they were fine! phew...
It worked in the end though

1 comment:

  1. they look fab!!
    It was funny when the punch broke! and not only once but twice!!

    Glad you got there in the end they look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they make me smile :)