Tuesday 26 November 2013

Upcycling Baubles

In the shop this year I wanted to tone down the christmas decorations and make them softer
One of my ideas was taking a trug full of purple baubles (the rest were offloaded donated to a few friends)
Some pretty fabrics and elastic bands
I simply cut the fabric into squares, popped the bauble in the middle, pulled up the four corners and gathered in the rest of the edges, they were held together with an elastic band
I trimmed off the excess fabric at the top with some pinking shears, used some fishing line to hang them and they are now hanging from my shop window, they look super pretty x

These are them finished, I'll show you what I did with them very soon
One thing I will suggest, when cutting up fabric wear an apron as its getting rather messy else!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, they make me smile :)