Due to working in the pantry now there was bread left over that couldnt be made into sandwiches so I thought i'd give it a go!
I couldnt really find a quick and easy recipe online or in any of my cookbooks (was totally shocked at that one) so I took a bit from this and that recipe and came up with my own!
8 slices of buttered bread
1 tsp cinnamon
few handfuls of sultanas (or raisins if thats all you have like I did)
300ml of milk
oven temperature - 180c
- mix sugar and cinnamon together
- cut each slice of the buttered bread into 4 triangles
- layer them in an oven proof dish (pref rectangle in shape) sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar and raisins
repeat this again for a second layer
- whisk the eggs and milk together and pour over the bread
- push the bread into the milk mixture so it soaks it all up and leave it for a few minutes
- pop in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes until set and browned
Guess what! its gorgeous, and thats coming from someone who doesnt like it! Its nice and sweet and not soggy at all