Wednesday 7 January 2015

Chicken Casserole - 4 syns

Sometimes I'm at a loss what to do for dinner, even though I meal plan I may not be in the mood for that
This is one of our family favourites, a chuck it in out of the store cupboard and fridge and see how it turns out! no weighing no measuring just cooking!

If you are doing Slimming World the dumpling mix from Tesco is 4 syns, the meal is free without them on the extra easy plan

This dish serves 4 easily
Preheat oven at 180c
Cube potatoes and chop onion and using frylite fry a little in the pan
 Add a small tin of chopped tomatoes (we dont like it too tomato-y so thats why I only use a small one)
 Add a mug full of stock (I used a chicken stock)
Add chicken (I used cook from frozen) and some garlic italian seasoning
Season with pepper too, cook for a few moments until the stock is boiling
 Add a saucepan of par boiled vegetables and mix in
 Add it all into a casserole dish and top with dumplings (make up with packet instructions)
 Cook for about 15-20 in the oven at 180c
 Serve and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, they make me smile :)