Tuesday 18 July 2017

Why Vegetarian!

As I said in my previous post I was trying to start a new page here and there but really I am a throw it altogether kind of gal as that truly shows my personality and quirkiness!
This is one of my posts from my new now gone blog that I'm transferring over...

I get asked quite a lot why I'm a vegetarian, quite simply its an easier diet for me to digest!
I've suffered with IBS since I was diagnosed in my early 20s, I struggled digesting meat as the effect after eating it was quick, generally bloating and nausea.
In my late 30s I decided enough was enough and over a few months I gradually removed meat products from my diet and introduced more vegetables, fish, eggs and fruit to replace the nutrients I was losing.
It worked I can now eat a meal without feeling ill, there are still occasions when IBS rears its ugly head but I can deal with it so much easier than before.

I've found so many new favourite foods since taking the plunge, figs and avocado are just two of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, they make me smile :)